As a Solution Architect at Informed Solutions you’ll be part of a diverse, high performing team of professionals. Our technical teams use a variety of open source and proprietary technologies to build world class solutions that genuinely make a difference to people’s lives – from online claims portals for victims of violent crime, through consultations on government boundary changes, to helping nuclear facilities better understand their data.
The role is exciting and varied, working as part of a committed team of exceptional colleagues. A key advantage of a career at Informed is our technology independence which means our architects have the freedom to design world-class solutions in the frameworks and technologies that best suit our clients’ needs.
We want a colleague who is professional, high achieving, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude that inspires others. A key aspect of the Solution Architect role involves leading project teams using cutting edge technology, so you must be a tenacious problem solver with the ability and willingness to design and deliver enterprise level solutions in complex and uncertain environments.
Informed does not aspire to be an average business; we recruit exceptional colleagues, develop inspiring leaders and professionals, and have built up an enviable client list. We are excited by people who are driven by achievement and are motivated by being part of a successful team that gets results.
- Focus on delivering digital innovation, business outcomes and collaborative working relationships.
- Work across projects as a technical lead, contributing to the development of our solutions.
- Have an enquiring and adaptable mind that can work across different sectors and a diverse client base of government and multi-national organisations.
- Work with industry thought leaders who are driven to make a positive impact on the UK’s technology landscape whilst also driving further growth for our business.
- Be offered a diverse, exciting and fulfilling career with the ability to influence and shape not only your own career direction and that of our wider business as well.
- Use your experience to lead, coach and mentor more junior team members.
- Experience and understanding of modern software delivery practices (e.g. Scrum, SAFe, DevOps, Agile Delivery phase, GDS Service Manual etc.).
- Experience and understanding of solution architecture concepts, frameworks such as TOGAF, and communication of design and decision to clients.
- Hands-on technical skills in the development of complex, innovative digital services, throughout the full-stack, including modern programming languages, cloud technologies, CI/CD Pipelines, SQL databases and RESTful APIs.
- Experience of monitoring, logging and alerting platforms required for operational services.
- Experience in estimating, planning, resourcing and/or costing projects containing multiple work streams is an advantage.
- Good level of commercial awareness, particularly in terms of risk and issue management.Experience of working with spatial data and systems (GIS) is a bonus.
You will be based in Altrincham, in our impressive Grade II listed offices and will travel from time to time to work alongside colleagues and alliance partners in the UK and Australia.
We are happy to consider applicants with a variety of experience levels. We are after the best people; driven by purpose, and motivated by the opportunity to grow and develop. We are committed to investing in you and helping you grow into the role, if you are the right person and do not yet have all the necessary skills.
If your aspirations match ours and are confident in putting forward ideas and picking up new skills; and are committed to being a good team player and colleague, then please come and join us.